Revolutionary Road

warning if you want to watch this movie i will try not to spoil it for you..... WOW.... I have just watched this movie and i am absolutely blown away by. I dont normally rave much about movies, but this has just amazed me. the whole way the issues of mental illness, abortion and life in the 50's was handled was awesome.

I feel so privileged to live in a new millenium where I can get medication for my depression, where when i haemorraged I was able to be saved, and if i wanted to end a pregnancy I can without endangering my own life. Women had a pretty tough life in suburbia at times in the 1950's suburban nuerosis was a term given to the women who suffered mental illness at the time. Kate Winslet portrayed this amazingly in this movie.

Its a sad movie but so amazing because at least we have hope and a future, and maybe one day I will go to paris too.

3 comments:

Puerhan said...
February 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I recommend going to Paris.

In every sense of that statement in relation to the film. For everyone.

:-)

Azlemed said...
February 16, 2009 at 12:50 PM

that is so true.... we all need to live our dreams and not lose sight of them when dealing with living from day to day

Azlemed said...
February 16, 2009 at 10:30 PM

to find out more read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_Road_(film)

Back to Home Back to Top SAHM Feminist. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.