remembering loss

I said earlier that I wanted to get something that I could wear to commemorate the loss we had. I found something the other day, I have a gold chain that I always wear so I thought I would see if I could find something to wear on it.

I found a wee gold disc, with two sets of footprints on it, the other side says "when you saw only one set of footprints it was then that i carried you". Its from a poem called footprints and it is in relation to God carrying us when we need help. To me though it also signifies the carrying of a child so I thought it worked for what I wanted. I also got a wee gold heart to wear that is red enamel on one side. I will not always wear them but for now it helps with the healing process that I am going through.

Yesterday was really tough in the morning, I just felt isolated and lost, we went to friends in the late afternoon which cheered me up, and doing the tri this morning was great as I got the physical energy release that I needed.

Each day is a little easier but I am aware that I can have bad days but they aren't happening quite as often.

D

2 comments:

Puerhan said...
March 2, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Love the footprints gold charm - seems a wonderful fit! (I know the God story too)

:-)

Azlemed said...
March 2, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I thought it fitted well with what I wanted, its not too big either which I like.

Am feeling really tired and low today, even having trouble coming up with a post.

Gotta get the girls ready for the kids tri this evening.

Back to Home Back to Top SAHM Feminist. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.