date night

we have been having some issues with Miss K going to bed and staying there, we are not sure if its an attention seeking thing or if there is some reason that she wont talk to us about, so last weekend we instituted a tick chart... stay in bed 5 nights in a row and Mama will take you out for a fluffy as a reward.. well it did work, and last night her and I put on our nice dresses and went out for hot chocolates and ice cream..... it was really nice to have some one on one time with her and we were able to talk about some things which was great.

Miss L currently has a tick chart going too.. hers is to do with eating all her tea.... she often will eat 5 or 6 mouthfuls then say shes finished, so shes been making a real effort to eat all her tea, shes got her 5 ticks and I will plan something for her and I next week I think.

the problem though is that Miss K earned her 5 ticks then stopped staying in bed... so do we start the chart again? or does some other measure need to be taken?

D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
November 30, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I make the chart longer for a second time. So now she would have to stay in bed for 14 nights and then there would be some reward.

If needed then one final time stay in bed for 14 nights again and there would be a final reward and you say this.

You also should agree on the reward at the time of the chart starting. I find this gives enough time for the routine to be set by extending it.

Rewards can be simple such as on a Saturday night you can stay up and have ice cream with parents while others in bed. Or I will play for 30 minutes with you, read a book, go to the park, library etc.

Great job I hope it continues well.

Azlemed said...
November 30, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I am thinking that too, a longer number of starts before reward, her and Imight need to make some nice charts afterschool and set some rewards for reaching each number....

Lil minx that she is said to her papa on friday night when she came out oh I reached 5 I dont have to do it any more...

Back to Home Back to Top SAHM Feminist. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.